1. Write and submit articles. This will be indefinite traffic stuck in the search engines for you. Write quality unique articles, not articles that are rehashed or
provide no insight to readers, which is a huge problem these days.
2. Write and submit press releases, think pr web after you do one.
3. Write and ping blog entries. Always make sure to link back to your website with your blog posts. Try making multiple blogs and have those all link back to one main site.
4. Make sure your website is listed in DMOZ: http://dmoz.org/.
5. Advertise your website in the appropriate categories at Craigslist. Try posting your ads in the most populated cities in the world.
6. If a niche related forum that you frequently visit allows signatures, then make sure to add your website url in there.
7. Make sure to view related products on Amazon.com. You can try and take some customers from your competitors here by providing your own url if the product is similar.
8. Review websites in your niche on Alexa to try to take some of their traffic by including a reference back to your site.
9. Review some related products on opinion.
10. If you purchase a product that you actually like, then feel free to give an individual respect when respect is due and leave a testimonial. You should be able to get some traffic from that website if your testimonial is left with a url.
11. Whenever you send an email to someone, always add your website url as a signature.
12. Keep updating content on your websites/blogs… try at least once per week.
13. Tag blog posts at social bookmarking sites, especially at http://del.icio.us/.
14. Add photos to your blog with appropriate keywords.
15. Tag blog photos at Flickr.
16. Politely ask your readers to subscribe to your rss feeds.
17. Try coining your own term. Might want to trademark it if you smell that it will become popular.
18. Encourage readers to comment on your blogs.
19. Include translation for your websites/blogs, especially in Chinese.
20. Do not be boring; write about something that a wide select of people would want to know about.
21. Make sure to edit your writing (unlike what i'm doing).
22. Comment on other related blogs.
23. Make a custom 404-error page for your website. You can provide a link back to your main website or even try to monetize it by offering a related affiliate program within your niche.
24. Sponsor a charity, most charities will link back to your website, and you are also doing a good deed.
25. Sell an item on eBay as a charity auction. Most charities will link back to both your auction and your main website.
26. Start a publicity campaign, do something that individuals in your niche will take note of.
27. Brand your website with a logo and a slogan/catch phrase. Think IBM.
28. Hold a crazy contest that people in your niche will talk about. This will equal more links and traffic to your website.
29. Build a tool that individuals in your niche will love and enjoy. Then give it away for free. If the tool is helpful, then you will get quality one-way links to your website.
30. Contact small newsletters sources offline and submit articles to them.
31. Become friends with editors of an offline publication.
32. Give speeches offline. Start small and local. Also, do not forget to participate in toastmasters meetings in your area.
33. Have a GREAT product. All of the marketing/advertising in the world will do you NO good if your product is subpar. (No problems at MN)
34. Make something innovative. If you are selling information, what makes your content something you cannot get from the local bookstore, Barnes and noble or even eBay for that matter?
35. Is your product groundbreaking? Will you leave individuals with no choice but to talk about your product or service?
36. Are you selling something that wide groups of people want to know about but there is limited/scarce knowledge?
37. Write good content, if your writing is good then people will share it with their friends. In addition, webmasters will use it as content on their website with a reference back to your article, or at least they should.
38. Spark emotions. If you get people emotional about something then they will most likely talk about it.
39. Get a custom t-shirt made with your website url on it, and wear it often.
40. Build a list of subscribers. Your list is like a golden asset to you if utilized correctly.
41. Write tip articles, such as “Ten easy tips to blank-blank-blank.”
42. Buy traffic from the search engines by utilizing one of their PPC campaigns.
43. Open up a MySpace account and find targeted friends so that you can promote your services to them. Do not spam people, MySpace is cracking down on spammers and are starting to sue people.
44. Solicit a link from your local chamber of commerce.
45. Have an easy to remember domain name. If your domain name is too long or not memorable then people may forget your site.
46. Add a bookmark option to your website/blogs.
47. Purchase the misspelled versions of your domain name and have it redirect to your main one.
48. Use keywords in your image alt tags. For example,
49. Make sure to include appropriate keywords in your title tag, search engines show more prominence or importance to keywords here.
50. Place appropriate keywords in your anchor text when linking.
51. If you have a profile anywhere online, always include appropriate keywords and link back to your website.
52. Try to get links from websites within your niche with a high pr (page rank). Some The more one-way links (inbound links/back links) you have to your website, the higher your pr will become. Page rank is important because websites with higher pr tend to have a higher search results in Google. It is a no brainier that if you can get number one for a competitive keyword then you will have enough traffic that you can handle… oh by the way it’s all free targeted traffic to remind you
53. Outsource grunt work. Time is in essence money…. you can hire individuals at freelance services to send emails, request JV proposals, or to answer questions from prospective or current customers.
54. Offer something for FREE. Abracadabra is not the magic word, FREE is. It is like a worm on a pole for a fish in the water…. its bait! Offer a free mini course or free eBook to help collect more subscribers. You can always offer a backend to monetize on this opportunity, such as an affiliate product for example.
55. After someone orders from you offer a one-time offer that compliments your product. For example, if I offered a traffic eBook, then after the individual purchase it would make sense for me to offer a traffic conversion bonus for a limited time only.
56. Become the virus within your niche. Make yourself the bug and have people talking about your product. When people talk about your product then you can induce the viral effect. However, you must give people a reason to talk about you, and being like everyone else is not one.
57. Do your research and find expensive niches to tap into. A good way to do this is to find how expensive someone is paying for a keyword on a PPC search engine. If you can sell items that are more expensive more often than it is a quicker way to get rich.
58. Become an active respected member of niche related forums. You can do this by offering quality posts. Hint, it is not the number of posts you make, it is the quality. Remember, quality or quantity. Many useless or negative posts will have people looking at you funny.
59.Test, test, test. Your flushing money down the toilet if you’re not testing to see what campaigns are bringing you in the most money compared to which ones are costing you money. When you test, you can eliminate the campaigns that are costing you dollars so that you can properly maximize your marketing efforts. Without proper testing, you are pretty much lost and can’t improve. You can only guess to what has or what is working. With proper testing, you do not guess, you know.
60.Stay up to date on what is going on in the world, you can monetize off hot topic trends.
61.Network, when you know more people you can find people that can help you get what you need.
62.Offer an affiliate program for your product or service. Make sure to let your satisfied customers know that you have one, if they like your product then they will be even more delighted to know that they will get money for referring you.
63.Write and give away a free eBook or report. It does not have to be long as long as its quality information neatly formatted and put together. You can also make a brand able eBook or report and allow affiliates the opportunity to brand their affiliate links in there to pass on to the next individual. You can then send this eBook to your subscribers or submit it to eBook directories.
64.Add viral components to your blog such as social bookmarking options, and refer a friend option.
65.Be funny, people like something that will make them laugh and they will spread it for you if it is a genius idea.
66.Syndicate your content by using an RSS feeds on your website.
67.Answer people’s questions answers with a link to your website in the sources area.
68.Put a link in the “about me” section of your eBay profile.
69.Make and upload a viral video to you tube. Use appropriate keywords in the video description for your target audience.
70.Record an informative podcast and submit them to poplar podcast directories.
71.Provide helpful answers for Google adsense on their help forum with a link back to your website. Go here to check it out:
72.Get people to comment and add content to your site. When they do this, they will provide you unique content, no need to pay for ghostwritten articles.
73.If you cannot get JVs, then try to bribe webmasters for sponsored advertising space on their newsletters.
74.Include a media section on your website so that you will give the media an easy way to stay up to date on what your company is doing.
75.Try to teach a class at your local community college or university. The more exposure you get in the public, the more credibility you will receive.
76.Make a screensaver and make it easy for individuals in your niche to download it. Have eye candy graphics combined with your company logo to brand yourself.
77.Write something controversial and spread it freely to your target market. It can be something as idiotic as the Da Vinci code, but as long people talk about it, it’s a successful campaign. A few hints, something controversial is something that goes against established beliefs in your market.
78.Write and publish a book. Having your own book is a quick way to gain credibility.
79.Take a guru in your niche out to lunch, and pay for it.
80.Start an organization or club about something. This can be done online through Yahoo! or Google groups.
81.Volunteer. Donate your time to a good cause…you can always network with people and form connections at the same time.
82.Get involved in your community and try to run some type of
83.Offer good customer service, you may be surprised on how many referrals you get just be having a reliable one.
84.Consider adding a direct mail marketing campaign to your marketing
85.Put an ad in your local yellow pages to get some local customers. Yellow pages tend to be more successful then newspaper ads because individuals are looking for a particular service when they are browsing through the yellow pages as opposed to newspapers.
86.Post bulletins in your local supermarket. However, since not everyone may carry a pen or pencil, place your contact information and url on strips on the bottom so that individuals can rip it off and take it with them.
87. Host your own commercials so you can put “as seen on TV” on your products.
88. Conducting surveys and publishing them makes you appear as an expert in your field.
89. Try doing something out of the world which takes you all the way to Guinness world records.
90. Build a sitemap for your website.
91. Use a favicon for your site.
92. Add CGI scripts to your site, this will help in getting your visitors more involved in your website.
93. Certify you have no broken links on your site.
94. Search for domain names that get more traffic, buy them and redirect them to your website.
95. Avoid spelling mistakes whenever using keywords in writing.
96. Do research on related sites that how they get traffic.
97. Optimize your website for the correct keywords.
98. If possible pass up java scripts on your website.
99. Avoid using frames on your website.
1. Write and submit articles. This will be indefinite traffic stuck in the search engines for you. Write quality unique articles, not articles that are rehashed or
For Adding or Submitting
your keyword “add url”
your keyword “add site”
your keyword “add website”
your keyword “add your site”
your keyword “add a url”
your keyword “add * url”
your keyword “add * site”
your keyword “add * website”
your keyword “submit url”
your keyword “submit site”
your keyword “submit website”
your keyword “submit your site”
your keyword “submit a url”
your keyword “submit * url”
your keyword “submit * site”
your keyword “submit * website”
your keyword “suggest url”
your keyword “suggest site”
your keyword “suggest website”
your keyword “suggest your site”
your keyword “suggest a url”
your keyword “suggest * url”
your keyword “suggest * site”
your keyword “suggest * website”
your keyword directory
your keyword * directory
directory * your keyword
intitle:directory “your keyword”
inurl:directory “your keyword”
“list of your keyword sites”
“list * your keyword sites”
“list * your keyword * sites”
“recommended links” your keyword”
“recommended sites” your keyword”
“favorite links” your keyword”
“favorite sites” your keyword”
Blogs & Forums
your keyword forum
“your keyword forum”
intitle:your keyword forum
inurl:your keyword forum
your keyword blog
“your keyword blog”
intitle:your keyword blog
inurl:your keyword blog
“add comment” your keyword
“post comment” your keyword
your keyword members
your keyword join
your keyword tag
intitle:tag your keyword
intitle:post your keyword
Some New Experiments
• site:.edu inurl:your keyword
• site:.edu inurl:blog “your keyword”
• site:.edu inurl:forum “your keyword”
• site:.edu intitle:blog “post a comment”
Try replacing “.edu” with “.gov” to find those types of links, or replace “inurl:”, with “intitle:” for more enhanced results.
If you have any query or want to read something related to Search Engine Optimization, feel free to request an article of the desired topic.
Search Engine Promotion
Also known as Internet promotion, website marketing or website promotion, Internet promotion refers to all methods employed by a company or individual to promote a website and increase its Position and PageRank.
Search Engine Ranking Report
A search engine ranking report is a monthly, weekly or daily report of the Position of a company’s website Listing in relation to their top Keywords. Position Reporting enables companies to monitor the success of an SEO strategy or Cost-Per-Click advertising campaign.
Search Engine Registration
Also known as search engine submission or web submission, search engine registration is the submission of a URL to a Directory or Search Engine for inclusion in its Index. Registration is usually free but can also require payment. Search engine registration is a basic but important part of Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Results Page (SERPs)
Also known as a results page, the search engine results page is the collection of ranked Listings displayed in response to a search engine Query.
Search Engine Submission
Also known as search engine registration or web submission, search engine submission is the submission of a URL to a Directory or Search Engine for inclusion in its Index. Registration is usually free but can also require payment. Search engine submission is a basic but important part of Search Engine Optimization.
Also known as keywords or query terms, search terms are the word(s) or phrase(s) a user enters into a search engine’s Query box. A Search Engine Results Page (SERP) ranks indexed sites according to how relevant the Search Engine deems them to the search terms that were queried. One of the most important SEO Strategies companies can employ is to optimize their site pages with content that contains targeted search terms relevant to their products or industry.
Shopping search engines or search engines with a shopping feature (such as Google Product Search, formerly known as Froogle) allow users to comparison shop by providing lists of sellers and prices in response to a product Query. Some shopping search sites require Paid Inclusion or offer Paid Placement.
Also known as Internet promotion, optimization services or search engine placement service, site optimization refers to all of the methods a Search Engine Optimization Company uses to improve a site’s Position and Page Rank and increase its Click-Through Rate and Conversion Rate.
Spam refers to any and all Search Engine Marketing techniques that violate search engine guidelines or attempt to gain increased Rank for a site using content that is irrelevant, deceptive or of little value to users. Types of spam include Hidden Text, content that contains nonsensical Keyword repetition, deceptive Cloaking or numerous Doorway Pages that redirect users to the same Landing Page. If a search engine detects spamming the offending site will be Blacklisted or lose Position. Spam is a Black Hat SEO technique.
Also known as Crawler or Robot, a spider is a search engine program that “crawls” the web, collecting data, following links, making copies of new and updated sites, and storing URLs in the search engine’s Index. This allows search engines to provide faster and more up-to-date listings.
Also known as search engine registration or search engine submission, submission is the providing of a URL to a Directory or Search Engine for inclusion in its Index. Submission is usually free but can also require payment. Submission is a basic but important part of Search Engine Optimization.
A title tag is an HTML tag which contains a sentence of text describing the contents of its associated webpage. Title tags are a very important part of Search Engine Optimization because they are frequently used as the text links that lead to sites from a search engine’s Results Page. The best title tags contain strategic keywords that will help a site be indexed properly and appeal to human search engine users.
Three-Way Link Exchange
A three-way link exchange is a Reciprocal Link Exchange established between three domains. However, unlike a two-way link exchange, not all three sites link to each other. Page A links to Page B and Page B links to Page C and Page C links to Page A. Page B does not post a reciprocal link to Page A and Page C does not post a reciprocal link to Page B. Three-way link exchanges are used by owners of multiple websites to increase the Link Popularity and Page Rank of new or smaller sites.
Unique visitor is a web traffic measuring term which means the registering of at least one hit on one page of a web site from a unique IP address during a specified report period (typically anywhere from twenty-four hours to a month). A subsequent hit(s) by the same IP address is not counted as a unique visitor during that report period. Unique visitor count can be an effective way of measuring the success of an SEO strategy.
Web analytics is a branch of Analytics that uses web traffic records to study the behavior of website visitors. Data such as Unique Visitors, Hits, page views, and the connection between Landing Pages and Conversion Rates are used to improve a website or marketing campaign.
Also known as Internet marketing, website marketing is using the Internet to advertise, communicate and sell goods and services. On an advanced level, website marketing is known as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which is the use of targeted keywords, crawler-friendly site architecture, Search Engine Submissions and a well-developed link network to improve a site’s Position, Page Rank and Click-Through Rate.
Also known as search engine optimization, website optimization is the modification of a website for the purpose of improving its natural Rank on Search Engine Results Pages. This is done through a combination of optimization strategies such as directory and search engine Submission, Keyword Marketing and improved Link quality.
Website promotion refers to the marketing aspects of Search Engine Optimization, such as Keyword Submission, Paid Inclusion, and other techniques to increase a site’s exposure.
Website Promotion Services
Also known as search engine marketing, website promotion services is an inclusive term for all techniques used to market a website via search engines, including Pay-Per-Click advertising and Natural Search Engine Optimization.
Also known as search engine registration or search engine submission, website submission is the submission of a URL to a Directory or Search Engine for inclusion in its Index. Registration is usually free but can also require payment. Website submission is a basic but important part of Search Engine Optimization.
White Hat SEO
Also known as natural search engine optimization or organic search engine optimization, white hat SEO is the legitimate use of keyword-focused copy and tags, Crawler-friendly site architecture, Search Engine Submissions and a quality Backlinks network to improve a site’s Position, Page Rank and Click-Through Rate. White hat SEO does not involve the use of Cloaking, Spam or any other Black Hat SEO techniques.
XML is an acronym for Extensible Markup Language, a simple and flexible text-based programming language used in conjunction with HTML. XML is useful for data exchange and the creation of customized tags.
An XML feed is a form of Paid Inclusion or Search Engine Submission in which an XML document is used to provide a search engine with information about multiple web pages. An XML feed is particularly useful for multimedia sites or database sites that draw a variety of relevant search queries.
A query is a question or instance of questioning. A search engine query is a user’s request for the information (i.e. WebPages) in a search engine’s Index that is most relevant to a Keyword or set of Search Terms. Query is sometimes used to mean the actual keywords a user enters in a search box.
Also known as position, rank is the place a website occupies relative to the first listing on an Algorithmic Results page in response to a Keyword query. The first page displays Listings in the one through ten positions, the second page eleven through twenty, etc. Businesses trying to get their site into a top-ten rank will often employ a Professional Search Engine Optimization company. Consumer studies have shown that most search engine users click only on sites that occupy a top-ten rank.
Reciprocal Link Exchange
A reciprocal link exchange is a quid pro quo arrangement or link exchange between two sites. Reciprocal links usually lead to the home page of the associate site.
Also known as search engine registration or search engine submission, registration is the submission of a URL to a Directory or Search Engine for inclusion in its Index. Registration is usually free but can also require payment. Registration is a basic but important part of Search Engine Optimization.
Also known as search engine results page, the results page is the collection of ranked Listings displayed in response to a search engine Query.
Also known as Crawler or Spider, a robot is a search engine program that “crawls” the web, collecting data, following links, making copies of new and updated sites, and storing URLs in the search engine’s Index. This allows search engines to provide faster and more up-to-date listings.
Also known as robots exclusion protocol, Robots.txt is a text file stored in a site’s root directory that tells a search engine Crawler which site pages and sub-folders should not be included in the search engine Index. However, there is no guarantee that a Crawler will comply with this request. Robots.txt is an alternative to a Meta Robots Tag or password protection.
Also known as Internet marketing consultant or SEO specialist, SEO professionals use their knowledge of Search Engine Optimization Strategy to improve their clients’ Position and Page Rank.
SEO services are all of the tools used by a Professional Search Engine Optimization company, including Analytics and Keyword Marketing.
Also known as Internet marketing consultant or SEO professional, SEO specialists use their knowledge of Search Engine Optimization Strategy to improve their clients’ Position and Page Rank.
SEO strategies are the techniques used in Search Engine Optimization to improve a site’s Position and Page Rank and increase its Click-Through Rate. A few SEO strategies are keyword research and content writing, optimized HTML code, and improved Geographical Targeting.
A search engine is a website that enables users to Query an Index of stored WebPages gathered by a Crawler for information relevant to specific criteria expressed via a Keyword or Search Terms. The Rank of information/websites on the corresponding Search Engine Results Pages is determined by relevancy as measured by the search engine’s Algorithm and/or payment made to the search engine by indexed sites. Sites ranked solely by relevancy are known as Natural Listings or Organic Listings in contrast to Paid Listings.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Search engine marketing is an inclusive term for all techniques used to market a website via search engines, including Pay-Per-Click advertising and Natural Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMPO)
The Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMPO) is a non-profit professional association founded in 2003 to increase awareness of the benefits of search engine marketing and provide educational resources to members and consumers.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization is the modification of a website for the purpose of improving its natural Rank on Search Engine Results Pages. This is done through a combination of SEO strategies such as directory and search engine Submission, website optimization, content writing and improved Link quality. Please see our SEO services for details.
Search Engine Optimization Company (SEO Company)
A search engine optimization company employs SEO Strategies to improve a website’s Search Engine Placement.
Search Engine Optimization Consultants
Also known as SEO professionals or SEO specialists, search engine optimization consultants analyze a website’s Position and Keyword strength and offer solutions for improvement.
Search Engine Optimization Software Systems
Search engine optimization software systems enable marketers to generate site data and automatically customize Submission schedules. However, automated submissions should generally be avoided in favor of submissions catered to each search engine’s rules.
Search Engine Optimization Strategy
Search engine optimization strategy refers to the specific optimization plan an SEO company employs for the site promotion of an individual client.
Search Engine Placement
Search engine placement means the tactics used by Site Optimization firms to improve their clients’ Rank. The term search engine placement is sometimes used to mean the Position of a website on a Results Page.
Search Engine Placement Services
Also known as Internet promotion, optimization services or site optimization, search engine placement services are all of the methods a Search Engine Optimization Company uses to improve a site’s Position and Page Rank and increase its Click-Through Rate and Conversion Rate.
Search Engine Positioning
The term search engine positioning can be used in two different ways. The first is to describe the ordering process of indexed websites being ranked by a search engine Algorithm in response to a Query. The second refers to the use of Search Engine Optimization to achieve a higher search engine Position.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO), to me it’s an art of making your website friendly enough for search engines that it ranks higher in search engine result pages. It is considered more technical part of internet marketing, which is true. SEO requires some technical knowledge related to HTML, CSS etc. along with copywriting, as most of the techniques used to promote website in the search engine deals with the text.